Tulsi Gabbard on Saudi Arabia & Yemen
- For years, Tulsi has strongly pushed to end U.S. assistance to Saudi Arabia’s genocidal war in Yemen
- Tulsi strongly believes the United States should completely end our alliance with Saudi Arabia; allying with Saudi Arabia is directly counter to American interests.
- Saudi Arabia provides direct and indirect support for extremist groups like ISIS.
- According to the NYT, “The Saudi-led war has focused on the airstrikes that have killed thousands of civilians at weddings, funerals and on school buses, aided by American-supplied bombs and intelligence.”
- Tulsi strongly supports House legislation to end U.S. military support of Saudi Arabia in Yemen and has condemned Republican leadership’s measures to block a vote.
- For years, Tulsi has also voiced her strong opposition to Saudi Arabia’s state sponsored Islamist extremism. Saudi Arabia spends hundreds of billions of dollars to spread their Wahhabi/Salafi/Deobandi (WSD) takfir extremist ideology around the world through literature, media outreach, madrasas, etc, fueling the threat of extremist violence.
- H.Con.Res.138 - Directing the President pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution to remove United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress: Cosponsored a bill in the House similar to S.J.Res.54., ending US involvement in Yemen.
- S.J.Res.54 - A joint resolution to direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress: Strong support for the bill to end US involvement in Yemen, which has passed the Senate and has yet to be voted on in the house.
- Tulsi also sent a leter Secretary Mattis urging an end to the United States’ military participation in Yemen’s civil war https://pocan.house.gov/sites/pocan.house.gov/files/2017-5-2%20Hodeida.pdf
- “Today the Senate voted to end U.S. support of Saudi Arabia’s genocidal war in Yemen, where tens of thousands of civilians have been killed & millions more left sick & starving. The House must vote to invoke The War Powers Act & end US support now.” https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1073407020974465024
- “Trump’s argument is: if US doesn’t sell weapons to the Saudis, someone else will. That’s like a heroin dealer justifying his trade because if he doesn’t supply the addict, someone else will. Trump embodies capitalism without a conscience. Devastating for our country & the world” https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1052953409517572097
- “Once again Congress fails to fulfill its constitutional duty. In a shameful bipartisan vote today, the US Senate failed to end US support for Saudi Arabia’s proxy war against Iran in Yemen that has caused devastating destruction, death, and suffering.” https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/976270846644846594
- “Hey @realdonaldtrump: being Saudi Arabia’s bitch is not “America First.”https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1065289231977738240
- “Donald Trump weakly submits that our country must do Saudi Arabia's bidding or, absurdly, our economy & national security interests will be damaged.”
- "The US is complicit in the world’s worst humanitarian crisis in Yemen, resulting in thousands dead and more than 22 million people needing humanitarian aid and protection. Millions are starving and don’t have clean water. Children are dying..." https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-tulsi-gabbard-facebook-humanitarian-crisis-yemen
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Lawmakers Introduce Bipartisan Resolution to Stop U.S. Military Support for Saudi Arabia’s Genocidal War in Yemen https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-tulsi-gabbard-lawmakers-introduce-bipartisan-resolution-stop-us-military
- “Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Calls for Immediate Halt to U.S. Arms Sale to Saudi Arabia” https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-tulsi-gabbard-calls-immediate-halt-us-arms-sale-saudi-arabia
- “Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Condemns New U.S. Arms Sale to Saudi Arabia” https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-tulsi-gabbard-condemns-new-us-arms-sale-saudi-arabia
- “Tulsi Calls on Congress to End U.S. Military Support of Saudi Arabia’s Genocidal War in Yemen”
- Rep Tulsi Gabbard discusses role of Saudi Arabia as #1 promoter of radical Islamic extremism
- “I can tell you there is a long list of reasons why [Saudi Arabia] is not our ally” https://youtu.be/xw7SdzW0_vQ
- “Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Calls on Congress to End US Support of Saudi Arabia’s Genocidal War in Yemen”
3rd Party Links
- “Hawaii’s Rep. Tulsi Gabbard speaks out against U.S. military aid for Saudi Arabia”
- “Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Tweeted the Truth and Shamed the Devil” https://www.theroot.com/rep-tulsi-gabbard-tweeted-the-truth-and-shamed-the-dev-1830621683
- “Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Calls to End US Military Support of War in Yemen” https://mauinow.com/2018/11/19/rep-tulsi-gabbard-calls-to-end-us-military-support-of-war-in-yemen/
- “Rep. Gabbard on how US should respond to Khashoggi's death”
- “Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: It is Outrageous that the US is Supporting a Genocidal War in Yemen”
- “Gabbard Calls on Congress to End Support of Saudi Arabia’s War in Yemen” http://bigislandnow.com/2018/11/14/gabbard-calls-on-congress-to-end-support-of-saudi-arabias-war-in-yemen/