Tulsi Gabbard on Russia
- Tulsi has been a strong advocate for free and fair elections in the US and around the world.
- In January of 2017, Tulsi cosponsored one of the first legislative initiatives to investigate Russian influence on the 2016 election. (See also Secure Elections.)
- Tulsi strongly believes the United States and United Nations have a duty to defend the sovereignty of Ukraine from Russia. Russia's invasion, occupation, and further threats are an extreme danger to Ukrainian self determination.
- Tulsi strongly opposes illegal C.I.A. funding, training and weapons for extremist rebels in Syria, who are fighting both the Syrian government and their ally of Russia. The U.S.’s illegal war to depose Assad in Syria bring the U.S. into direct conflict with Russia and simultaneously empowers extremists in Syria.
- Continued U.S. military involvement in Syria can potentially escalate conflict between the U.S. and Russia, which is extremely dangerous and unnecessary.
- H.R.356 - Protecting Our Democracy Act: calling for an independent investigation of the Russian interference in January of 2017, shortly after the 2016 election.
- H.R.3364 - Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act: adoption of further sanctions against Russia for selling arms to Syria, cyber attacks, human rights abuses, and evasions of previous sanctions.
- H.Res.499 - Condemning the violation of Ukrainian sovereignty, independence, and territorial integrity by military forces of the Russian Federation: A bill which addresses the Ukraine crisis and the responsibility of the United States and the United Nations to protect Ukrainian sovereignty and minority populations in Ukraine.
- H.R.4278 - Ukraine Support Act: Voted in favor of the act which condemns the Russian annexation of Crimea, and imposes visa sanctions on those who have a direct or indirect involvement in the invasion of Ukraine.
- “One thing we do know about Russia's ads is that they were part of an effort to create division, fighting, partisanship, conflict, and fear. https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/918167316654903297?lang=en
- “Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: Russia Must Face Consequences for Continued Aggression in Ukraine” https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-tulsi-gabbard-russia-must-face-consequences-continued-aggression-ukraine
- Rep Tulsi Gabbard: “The consequences of standing idly by while Russia continues to degrade the territorial integrity of Ukraine are clear.”
- Putting Russia’s election meddling in context: “Tulsi Gabbard: Why Russia?” https://youtu.be/mkigREtfAT0
3rd Party Links
- CNN: “Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Warns Against War With Russia If US Overthrows The Syrian Gov” https://youtu.be/xCiSskNkhWQ
- “Rep Tulsi Gabbard discusses the risk of direct US-Russia war in Syria”
- CNN: “Tulsi Gabbard - War with Russia?” https://youtu.be/co4tkKz7GIM