Tulsi Gabbard on Medicare for All
- Tulsi strongly supports the Medicare for All Act and serves on the Medicare for All Caucus
- Tulsi believes that our present healthcare system is organized by and for the benefit of big insurance and pharmaceutical companies and not the American people, which must be changed
- We pay far more in this country on healthcare costs than any other country in the world and get worse results. Far too many Americans in this country are sick and unable to get the care they need.
- Tulsi supports Medicare for all to make sure that every American gets quality healthcare - we must also focus on reducing the cost of healthcare overall, preventive health, bring down cost of prescription drugs by allowing Medicare to negotiate those prices down, and ensure transparency so people know exactly what the cost is and what they’re paying for.
- Tulsi believes that the Affordable Care act was a step in the right direction, but points out that issues remain with the number of uninsured and high costs related to deductibles, copayments for medical services, and prescription drugs
Tulsi is a co-sponsor of H.R.1384 - Medicare for All Act of 2019, which would provide universal healthcare to all Americans
- H.R.4442 CONNECT for Health Act to promote cost savings and quality care under the Medicare program through the use of telehealth and remote patient monitoring services
H.R.465 Prescription Drug Price Relief Act of 2019 To significantly lower prescription drug prices for patients in the United States by ending government-granted monopolies for manufacturers who charge drug prices that are higher than the median prices at which the drugs are available in other countries.
- H.R.448 Medicare Drug Price Negotiation Act To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for the negotiation of lower covered part D drug prices on behalf of Medicare beneficiaries
H.R. 676 - Expanded & Improved Medicare for All Act
H.R.447 — Affordable and Safe Prescription Drug Importation Act
- "Caring about and for our fellow Americans is the highest form of patriotism. So as president I will not tolerate big pharma ripping off the American people, families going broke because of medical bills or seniors who have to choose between paying for food or medicine."
- “Too many people in this country are getting sick without the care that they need. As president, I will work to ensure all Americans have quality healthcare incentivized to increase health and prevent and heal disease.” https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/1141336327893372930
- “No one should be forced to choose between putting food on the table and paying for life-saving medication. But that’s exactly what’s happening to millions of Americans as a result of Big Pharma’s chokehold on Medicare. They’ve managed to buy access into Congress, barring the government from negotiating cheaper prices for consumers, so they can continue to price-gouge those trying to buy life-saving medication and rake in profits at the expense of the American people.”
- “If you look at other countries in the world who have universal health care, every one of them has some form of a role for private insurance.”
- Tulsi: “It's time for the United States to guarantee #MedicareForAll. I'm proud to cosponsor H.R. 676, The Expanded & Improved Medicare For All Act, that would extend healthcare coverage to the millions of uninsured and underinsured people across our nation.” https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/971800451552284672
- Tulsi: “Eight years ago the Affordable Care Act was signed into law, extending health insurance to millions of Americans for the first time. Today, we're fighting for the 28 million Americans who are still uninsured and millions more who are underinsured. It's time for #MedicareForAll.” https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/977274848065056769
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Facebook: Medicare for All https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-gabbard-facebook-medicare-all-act
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on Facebook: Failed Senate Vote on Health Care Reform - time to take a stand and ensure all Americans have healthcare by passing H.R. 676, the Medicare for All Act https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-gabbard-facebook-failed-senate-vote-health-care-reform
- Rep. Gabbard on Facebook: Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-gabbard-facebook-graham-cassidy-health-care-bill
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Votes Against Republican Healthcare Bill https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-tulsi-gabbard-votes-against-republican-healthcare-bill
- Video: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: Republican Health Care Bill Keeps Getting Worse - Tulsi speaks on the House floor https://youtu.be/jUYQEGtaPw8
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Urges House to Vote No on GOP Healthcare Bill https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/video-rep-tulsi-gabbard-urges-house-vote-no-gop-healthcare-bill
- Video: Tulsi on House floor - We Need to Take Back Our Health Care https://youtu.be/A7ofxBtPC-g
3rd Party Links
- “Why Dems Need Tulsi Gabbard More Than Ever” https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-dems-need-tulsi-gabbard-more-than-ever_us_590d011de4b0f711807244a9
- Unions for Single Payer Health Care: Sign Tulsi Gabbard’s Petition to Become a Citizen Co-Sponsor of HR 676 https://unionsforsinglepayer.org/news_releases/2017-07-24/
- 2018 candidates who are running to win improved Medicare for All https://campaignforguaranteedhealthcare.org/standing-up-for-single-payer-healthcare/
- Discussion about Tulsi pledging Medicare for All at her town halls https://youtu.be/Fnpzwdjqvqw