Who is Tulsi Gabbard?

Who is Tulsi Gabbard?

Tulsi Gabbard is a candidate for the President of the United States.

Experience

  • Elected to Congress 4 times with over 70% of the vote
  • Over 16 years of public service
  • Served two tours of duty in the Middle East (Iraq / Kuwait)
  • Currently serves as Major in Army National Guard
  • House Foreign Affairs Committee
    • Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific
    • Subcommittee on Middle East and North Africa 
  • House Armed Services Committee
    • Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee
    • Readiness Subcommittee 
  • Elected to Honolulu City Council in 2010
  • Elected to Hawai‘i State Legislature at age 21 
  • Senate Legislative aide to Hon. Daniel Akaka
  • In 2007, Tulsi graduated from the Accelerated Officer Candidate School at the Alabama Military Academy, where she was the first woman to finish as the distinguished honor graduate in the Academy's 50-year history. 
  • In 2013, Tulsi received the JFK New Frontier Award, created by the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation and The Institute of Politics at Harvard University to honor Americans under the age of 40 who are changing their communities and the country with their commitment to public service. 
  • One of first two female combat veterans ever elected to Congress
  • Age: 37 - U.S. Citizen
  • Founded Healthy Hawai’i Coalition as teenager 
  • Read more about Tulsi’s background and experience: https://gabbard.house.gov/about

Endorsements

Tulsi has been endorsed and/or supported by progressive people and organizations such as:

  • Progressive Democrats of America
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Sierra Club
  • Ocean Champions
  • Healthcare For All Hawaii
  • VoteVets
  • Equality Hawaii
  • Human Rights Campaign
  • End Citizens United
  • Emily's List
  • Planned Parenthood
  • Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense in America
  • Our Revolution Hawaii
  • NORML
  • Food and Water Action
  • National Nurses United
  • Unions: American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations AFL-CIO, American Federation of Teachers,, Hawaii Government Employees Association, Inland Boatman's Union, International Longshore & Warehouse Union ILWU and, Seafarers Union SIU.
     

Interviews 

Interview with Joe Rogan: https://youtu.be/oIb2lmHgd5s

Interview with Jimmy Dore:

Interview on Young Turks: https://youtu.be/84WPQuUA2kg

Interview with Jane Sanders: https://youtu.be/q92xSPQXS4Y

 

Tulsi: A True Progressive Leader 

  • Tulsi is a PAC-free candidate who supports every progressive issue and has sponsored and co-sponsored numerous legislation for progressive causes.

  • Tulsi introduced the OFF Act which will transition the nation off fossil fuels, creating green jobs and bring oil dollars home to boost our economy.

  • Tulsi's endorsed by Our Revolution, and Our Revolution Hawaii. She's also a fellow of Sanders Institute and is a strong progressive.

  • Tulsi’s integrity, leadership and willingness to reach across party lines has led to support from all sides of the political spectrum

  • Tulsi has a progressive Democrat 'lifetime' rating of over 90% and votes with Democrats 90% of the time. (https://ballotpedia.org/Tulsi_Gabbard#Analysis) The other 10% of bills were NOT bills that put people first.

  • Tulsi is one of a handful of true progressives in Congress. She recently made the list of only a dozen Congress members for her passionate advocacy for progressive change:

    ✅H.R.676 – Expanded & Improved Medicare For All

    ✅H.R.1144 – Inclusive Prosperity Act

    ✅H.R.2392 – Nurse Staffing Standards for Hospital Patient Safety & Quality Care

    ✅H.R.3671 – Off Fossil Fuels for a Better Future

    ✅H.R.5609 – Water Affordability, Transparency, Equity, & Reliability

    https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/08/07/new-scorecard-shows-only-12-house-democrats-have-fully-embraced-game-changing

 

Progressive Legislation

 

Tulsi’s Statements/Video

Tulsi resigned her position from the DNC to campaign across the country for Bernie Sanders for Congress:

3rd Party Links